Lobster_data is one of the most integral systems in our entire company! And the price-performance ratio is simply unbeatable.
Manager EDI Competence Center, Logwin
LOGWIN BELIEVES IN LOBSTER.
As an international logistics service provider with 190 locations in 36 countries worldwide, Logwin had to contend with a number of challenges associated with significant data processing volumes spanning 10TB of EDI data, 150 million transactions and 45 million conversions every year. In addition, Logwin also needed to ensure reliable EDI connections even during peak times.
Thanks to Lobster_data, the company was soon able to master these challenges, maintaining stable data traffic with the help of the middleware solution despite high data volumes. The figures speak for themselves: 400,000 transfers and 120,000 conversions a day, 30GB of EDI data, 16 core processors and 48GB RAM primary memory – managed by a team of 6!
Another plus is the complete automation of all EDI processes: from data input, converting files into Logwin’s in-house format all the way to forwarding the information to the WMS or the transport management system. With Lobster_data, customers can now also easily create their own personal account where they can manage all their information, upload or change data or even restart jobs – all without Logwin having to provide time-consuming support.
Finally, our technology not only covers numerous IT concepts and functionalities, but it has also allowed the logistics service provider to seamlessly integrate tried-and-true parts of its existing system.
- International logistics service provider
- HQ in Luxembourg; 190 further locations in 36 countries worldwide
- 500,000 sq m warehouse space
- 4,100 employees and 200 trainees
- Large volumes of data processed annually:
10 TB of EDI data, 150 million transactions and
45 million conversions
- Need for a flexible EDI connection in order to
reliably transport seasonal goods even
at peak times, for example
- Stable data flow despite significant data volumes: 400,000 transfers, 120,000 conversions,
30 GB EDI data daily; 16 core processors, 48 RAM; all managed by just six employees
- E2E automation of all EDI processes: data input – conversion to Logwin format – transfer to the WMS; repeat processes automatically sent to the TMS
- Personalisable customer account: customers manage their information independently (upload, change and save data locally; restart jobs etc.)
- Significantly reduced Support workload